Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chaos

The Slob Sisters used to define chaos as Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome.  I think I’ve gone way beyond that today.  My house is in a huge upheaval as we tore out carpet and flooring today to have new flooring installed starting tomorrow.  

I am NOT the world’s most flexible person when my home is in upheaval.  My mantra is, “In a few more days it will be back to normal.  In a week you will have found all of the things you can’t find today.  You will be so happy with the end result.”   In the mean time, I just hope I can even sleep with all of these piles of furniture all around me.   Just had to vent that!

3 comments:

donna said...

I can't stop looking at that picture nor stop laughing. I'm with you....sometimes I'd rather just keep the old stuff and go through the hassle of getting new.

We had plumbers here from 8 to 5 yesterday....three new toilets, new faucets for all of the sinks and bathtub and jacuzzi. Plus I had a major dentist appointment yesterday.

Better days are coming.

donna

Queen of Fun said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh The Slob Sisters!
Miss 'em.
Did you ever hear the venetian blind story? The best!

Beth Akins said...

I hope you love your new floor and that it was worth the pain! I couldn't open this yesterday for some weird reason. Love the picture! What kind of floor?