Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother’s Day

I had a truly wonderful Mother’s Day, and it lasted all weekend.  It was soooooo wonderful to have all three of my chicks in the nest.  I’ve said it before- nothing makes me feel more at peace than to be able to hear each of them breathing as they sleep.  They gave me a wonderful gift- a stand mixer!!!  Yay!!!  I’ve been using a 20 year old hand mixer for all these years, and am oh so happy that my youngest paid such close attention when I showed her how I sign up for every contest I can find to win a stand mixer.  More importantly, they each wrote me a letter which they know is what I always tell them I want for Mother’s Day.

It was wonderful too because I got to spend part of it with my own mother and my aunt, and with my sister’s family.  I feel very very blessed tonight.

I don’t know that I have ever heard about the origin of Mother’s Day but in reading about it tonight I stumbled upon this video. Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers around the world.

1 comment:

donna said...

Are you saying that Hallmark did NOT invent Mother's Day? You've rocked my world.

Vanessa Williams has got to be one of the most beautiful women in the world. And nice to see Christine Lahti...one of my favorite actors, especially for her role in Housekeeping.

My Mother's Day was great, too. Nicole prepared a whole tenderloin in the oven along with mashed potatoes, spinach salad, pasta salad, brownie/ice cream cake and apple pie. Her mom, brother, etc were all there, too.

donna