Wednesday, May 12, 2010

For Today

Outside my window…..  It’s cool, and there is a tension in the air suggesting that a storm may blow up during the night.

I am  thinking...about how fast K’s last days of school are going!

I am thankful for...DH cooking dinner tonight and giving me time for a little nap!  About this time of night, I really am grateful for a 30 minute nap that buys me a good hour in the evening.

From the kitchen….it still smells like bacon and the cast iron skillet is sitting on the countertop curing a bit before I put it away. 

I am wearing.. what can only be described as……a mumu.   One of my kids said I look like Betty Butterfield in it…..but it’s comfortable!

I am creating...a little baby scrapbook for a newborn baby girl.

I am going...to get a haircut on Friday.  Not more than 3 weeks to a month past when I really started needing it!

I am reading...dare I say it-  All The Living….

I am hoping...to feel refreshed and energized after a deacon retreat on Saturday.

I am hearing...my 17 year old pug snoring in the next room.

Around the house...we’ve managed to absorb all of S’s things that she brought home from college  last week.

One of my favorite things...is hanging out on my front porch with neighbors, and tonight was a good night for that.

A few plans for the rest of the week…sadly, the haircut and the deacon retreat are the highlights of my upcoming week!

Here’s a picture for thought I am sharing-

011_au

It all goes too fast.

1 comment:

donna said...

Betty Butterfield or Helen Roper from Three's Company.

donna