Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For Today

Outside my window…..  is a clean palette.  Thanks to my good friend and neighbor Mr. Al, I was connected with a wonderful handyman who cleaned up and weeded all of my flower beds on Saturday.  It makes a huge difference in how I feel when I pull up to this house! Now to find the time to plant my seed!

I am  thinking...about tomorrow- K’s Senior Awards Ceremony.  How on earth can this be?!  I’m happy that both of of my other kids will be able to be here to attend with me.

I am thankful for...my lovely weekend away, and the sweet way the girls had looked after things at the house to make my homecoming pleasant.

From the kitchen….the cast iron skillets are being re-seasoned after making these which were to die for!!!!

I am wearing.. comfy black pants, green shirt that is my “uniform”- I think almost every time I’ve had my picture taken in the last two years I am wearing this shirt!!

I am going...to miss The Biggest Loser!  It had become our little family ritual- the one tv show per week that I watched.

I am reading...  nothing!  Finished and in between books.  I was about to start on something from my pile, but heard today that Little Bee is our book group book for next month so I think I will hold out for that one.

I am hoping...to live in the moment over these next couple of weeks as I have many many things to accomplish.  I don’t want to miss any of it by thinking about the next thing.

I am hearing...my son cheering for a ballgame in the living room.  Nice to have him home!

Around the house...things are stacked everywhere for K’s graduation party on Sunday.  Just a simple open house, but my memory is so poor that I am setting things out as I get them or remember them and it’s piling up!

One of my favorite things...is about to end- attending functions at the Brown School.  What a wonderful experience we have had there, and it is odd to think that our functions there are winding down.  So many good memories there.

A few plans for the rest of the week…Taking C to his summer job at Camp Loucon on Saturday.  Sunday is the Open House for K.  And then Tuesday!!! is the big graduation day. 

Here’s a picture for thought I am sharing-

002

Check out all of those pretty purples!  The radishes are called Easter Eggs,  the spring onions are sweet, even the kale stalks looked pretty today.

Today I have joined with other women who are choosing to linger on the simple things on Tuesdays through The Simple Woman’s Daybook

2 comments:

Beth Akins said...

I wishing that each sweet moment is long as you celebrate Kendra in the next week. Life is good.
and so must be those chocolate pancakes!

donna said...

You'll make it through the weekend, I promise. Nobody at our house is graduating and there's no open house to prepare for, but still it feels as though every minute is scheduled and I don't like it very much.

Congratulations to Kendra and I wish her oodles of happiness.

donna