Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wedding Dress


Fifteen years ago today, Shawn and I were married. I couldn't resist pulling my wedding dress from the back of the closet. It is a simple suit dress that has yellowed a bit and somehow managed to get a tad bit smaller while hanging in the closet! But I can still zip it all the way up and just putting it on brought back a lot of great memories. My best friend Sandy sewed seed pearls into the lace on the front of the dress. Sandy made wedding veils at the time, and sewn into some hidden place of each veil was her "signature" tiny blue seed pearl. The girls and I had fun feeling around the hem of my jacket until we found the tiny pearl- my "something blue".

2 comments:

donna said...

Awwwww! The picture is PRECIOUS and I don't know what it is, but you're looking younger these days. Not that you looked old before...ha-ha.
Happy Anniversary to you and Shawn. I was trying to think where we lived when we reached the 15 year mark. It was 1982 and that's the year we moved to Kelly Lake to live fulltime. Coming up on 42 years in September. Yikes!

Beth Akins said...

so sweet, You are such a good memory maker! Happy Anniversary to you both! Wishing you many more years together.