Sunday, January 3, 2010

Word Up

I spent a lovely year with LESS. It was a year of shoring up and hunkering down and it made a good companion.

This year my word is WELCOME-

Welcome new experiences! Welcome into my life, friends old and new! Welcome, each season! Come right on in, all you things I’ve never tried before. I will welcome and embrace the changes my life will face over this year, not the least of them being a totally empty nest. Welcome again and again to God’s spirit.

First order of business is to find a suitable mat- my own manifesto that our home and my life are open. Today I put my light in the window. Come on in.

I have to say that had I thought of it, I really really really like Ali Edwards word. And now I have the idea to have a small charm made (or make myself) for each of my words thus far to add to each year.

I love Beth’s word too- a word I would do well to sit with a spell myself!

What word would you choose for this great year of 2010?

4 comments:

Allison said...

sue-a word of the year is a great idea! i love yours. i'll have to give it some thought and see if i can come up with a good one.

i hope 2010 is treating you right!

lindalou said...

I like the idea of a word for the year. I had already read about Beth's word. Like Allison...I need to think about this and see if I have a word for 2010.

donna said...

Wouldn't it be fun to be walking in the woods and come upon a welcome?

I like, I like the charm idea.

donna

Beth Akins said...

Welcome what a great word! I think the picture is wonderful and sooo inviting.uped