1. My beautiful friend Lisa defended her dissertation yesterday and next week is moving to Boston to teach at a college there. Fun party tonight to wish she and her partner well as they move away from us.
2. We celebrated Chiayim’s birthday this week- lots of laughter and tom foolery at our table that night.
3. Shameka and I had a lovely lunch today at Mayan Cafe’ and began the last minute lists of things to do in the next 2 1/2 weeks.
3. I did indeed finish a whole scrapbook last weekend, and embroidered a rather sad little tea cup (I did remember the stitches, but I learned them back when I could actually see the needle and the floss then. A bit harder with bifocals.
4. Homegrown tomatoes- every day. “Only two things that money can’t buy and that’s true love and homegrown tomatoes.” (I wanted that song at our wedding, but Shawn nixed that)
5. Alex is home and is slowly slowly coming more back to himself. They really don’t know what caused the whole problem, so that’s scary, but at least at home they can both rest.
6. Went to a party celebrating Steven and Lauren’s upcoming wedding at the farm tonight. It was perfect! Nice and cool and a zillion stars shining, rivaled by the sound of the crickets. Took a little walk and enjoyed it so much.
7. Window film!! Yay for window film! I got some that looks like rice paper. Sure does add to the brightness of the whole room!
8. And finally, my beautiful happy well organized pink room with it’s great plank floor