Saturday, August 29, 2009

8 Things

003_au

8 Good Things from this day

1. Mid-day call from my son at college. He is my sunshine.

2. Late night call from my daughter at college. She is my anchor.

3. My dear friends Gwen and Barb invited my younger daughter over for dinner and took her to a high school football game. I stayed home. Alone. And loved it.

4. Outing to JoAnn Fabrics which has become my new favorite place. I love that they have a whole wall of fat quarters of every color of fabric. Got some fun and funky colored yarn so that I could ………..

5. make a pile of granny squares. Yay!

6. Made a batch of the cinnamon sugar mentioned on my links yesterday- surprise toast for K in the morning!

5. Got the good news that I don’t have to have K at a tournament tomorrow until 11! Yay!

6. Nice visit with friends when they brought K back home

7. Averted a migraine with magic meds. Thanks magic meds!

8. Got to have a nice long uninterrupted phone chat with Bev catching up on everything.

4 comments:

blushing rose said...

You are ORGANIZED! I could never work by a list, but have notes everywhere, like Lucy! Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Beth Akins said...

Sounds like a good day! The granny square is beautiful.

Chloe m said...

Hi,
Donna, from Mamma Mia days sent me your way. I love your blog and your way with words.

Could you share with me what your magic meds are for migraines? I suffer from these every once in a while, maybe this would help?
Rosey

Sue said...

The "magic meds" for me are Midrin- take 2 at onset of headache and one every 30 minutes thereafter. It's really an old school drug and not so heavy duty but as I've gotten older my migraines are less often and of way less severity. But it's prescription.