Saturday, February 28, 2009

Daughters




































The Mean Moms Club got together last night for another invaluable time of fun and wisdom sharing. I left with this profound sense of gratitude for all of our kids. Most especially, I was downright weepy in the car when I thought of how fortunate I have been with the girls.

If they have ever been embarrassed by me or my presence, they have never once let on to me. I have offered them an out on many occasions that they do not have to run and greet me or even act like they know me at certain functions, and they always act like I'm being silly.


And I have to say that I feel like the richest woman in the room when they run to give me a big hug and kiss. Who in the world could be luckier? Shameka is about to go off to college- and I already know where that road leads.

So, for now, not one sweet acknowledgement goes unnoticed by this mom. I'm saving every little note, etching every little smile into my memory.

I know this Ben Folds song is really a love song, and not to his kids, but these lyrics keep popping in my head right now.

I don't get many things right the first time

In fact, I am told that a lot

Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls

Brought me here

And where was I before the day

That I first saw your lovely face?

Now I see it everyday

And I knowThat I am

I am

I amThe luckiest
I have no idea why on earth this is spaced out the way it is, and cannot for the life of me get it straightened out. I apologize!

1 comment:

Beth Akins said...

How sweet it is to be loved and to love. What a lovely post. Life is so good.