Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fresh Stop, Week Two

003

Cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, yellow squash, snow peas, onion, radishes, zucchini, collard greens, and romaine lettuce!  I’m pretty pumped about the first tomatoes!  Really, about all of it.  It is so fun to show up and see what we get this week!

So, here’s what I’m thinking for my meal plan this week:

Probably going to make these tomorrow night.

Clean Eating Roasted Summer Squash

My slaw last week was delicious, but I think this week we will pop that cabbage on the grill

If I can figure out what mirin is and where you get it, I might give this salad a whirl.

cucumber

And then I might make this…. as a complimentary side to local veggies, a Kentucky Butter Cake!

medium.1000[1]

Can’t wait til next week!

2 comments:

blushing rose said...

That cake looks yummy!
Have a great weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Beth Akins said...

fabulous!