Friday, June 10, 2011

TNT

Around cooking blogs and online recipe groups, folks refer to TNT recipes.  Tried and True.   I’ve tried a few new ones recently that are now in my TNT rotation.

Key Lime Pie ice cream.  I made mine without an ice cream  freezer.  It works fine- best though if you stir it up a bit about every 30 minutes.  What I dream of is having some push-up molds, and this would be a great push-up!

Mango ice cream – Couldn’t be easier, couldn’t be more refreshing!  Again, made without an ice cream  freezer.  ( Mine hasn’t come down from the attic yet)

Sticky Fingers!  OH my!  Always a hit!

salted brown butter krispy treats

Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispy Treats.  Love them!

Sauteed Radishes with Mint

Sauteed radishes with mint   You heard me.  And they are also good without the mint.  Fixed some last night for my husband who is not a radish lover and he said, “Those little potatoes  you fixed were really good!”

Fresh Minty Fruit Salad  It’s good with or without the kiwi if you don’t have a kiwi on hand.

Lemon Pepper Asparagus Salad   Really peppery, really good!

3 comments:

Beth Akins said...

ice cream without a freezer? Just stir in a bowl in the freezer?

Sue said...

Yep! I just stir it all up and put it in a tupperware container. With this recipe, you let it set then add the graham cracker crumbs.

TimidChanteuse said...

Funny, I just wrote a blog about my irrational fear of browning butter. Maybe I should start with those Rice Krispie Treats.