Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh, it’s cryin’ time again……

Last night I got weepy looking at a site I used to make our Christmas cards.  All of those sweet families, all different configurations of family, all looking so happy and so dear to each other.  And the sight of my own design, with my own dear family tipped the balance into a full fledge cry.  Yes, it’s that time of year.  Everything I see, every person I see, every song or snippet of conversation I overhear are all conspiring to make me tear up.  I’m just a sap that way.  And something about the season of Advent just makes me take my heart out of its protective shell and hold it right out in the palm of my hand for all the world to touch.  And in some tiny tiny tiny way, isn’t that indeed what God did for us at Christmas?

So, would you care to join me for a little sap?

1 comment:

Beth Akins said...

Enjoyed the sap! I'm such a crier at everything sweet and touching, which means all of church during special seasons especially!