Friday, December 14, 2012

Nap Nook

odiesleeping

Our sweet little pug dog Odie went blind a couple of months ago. It happened overnight and nearly broke my heart.  I have adjusted, realizing that he is not in pain and that this will not shorten his life.  At first he was very befuddled and hesitant to move about, but he is slowly getting back to his little impish self.  Early on, one evening I couldn’t find him.  Luckily he is such a loud snorer, I could follow the sound and found him behind the bathroom door tucked into DH’s clothes that he left there after his shower.  Since then, this happens several times a week.  I guess he wanders around and finds a soft place to land that smells like his favorite person in the world.  Now, I don’t have the heart to gather his laundry until after Odie is tucked in for the night in our bed.  Anything that makes him feel more secure is okay by me. 

No comments: