Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fresh Stop Week Five

003

Another great week that included peaches, kale, cantaloupe, green beans, cucumbers, sweet corn, yellow squash, and tomatoes.  In addition to all of the things we got in our regular share, we also bought extra peaches and tomatoes and the blackberries.

Since I had the green beans, I finally made some of the pistachio dust.  I pan seared the beans in a cast iron skillet and then let the dust do its magic.  It was great!  And I have enough of the dust to embellish many more things.  Or to eat with a spoon!

Most of the peaches got eaten straight out of the bowl, but we did roast some one night and served with goat cheese and honey. 

If the corn hadn’t tasted so dang good straight off the cob, I had plans to make this blueberry and corn salad.  Maybe this week!

No comments: