Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TNT Tuesday

Kinda starting to find myself a bit again, and working my way back to the blog a bit more. 

We’ve been enjoying the last of our summer bounty.  Last night we had this great Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.  When DH says in mid-meal, “Be sure to make this again.”, it’s a keeper.

Several years ago after eating ajvar at a local Bosnian restaurant, I fell in love.  If  you love red pepper like I love red pepper, and if garlic and eggplant and olive oil are okay by you too, then I think you would love it.  I am known for the kooky things I like for breakfast, and ajvar mixed with cottage cheese became my standard breakfast for literally over a  year!   I kind of wore myself out on it and hadn’t had it for a while.  But, I had some eggplant I needed to use, and an abundance of roasted red peppers.  Made some, and my love affair has begun again.  It’s good on the falafel crackers I got this week, or any cracker (or on cottage cheese), bread, you name it.

     NPR did a nice little piece on it- check it out. They call it Serbian Salsa!

 

 

 

 

Then there would be the 7-Up Biscuits.  Which are just way too easy and way too good, and so very perfect with the sweet potato butter I bought this week. 

And if the 7-Up biscuits are not unhealthy enough, let me send you over the edge……I give you the Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie…..

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-10

I like to think I made the Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Lite……I did omit the ice cream AND the hot fudge sauce. 

No comments: