Wednesday, September 7, 2011

TNT Tuesday

The best new recipe I tried this weekend was this crockpot Wendy’s chili knock-off.  Definitely will be made again and again.  ( I, of course, have to add spaghetti to mine!)

Next up would be this simple salmon recipe.  I have to say that when I was putting the cast iron skillet back into the oven, part of the handle didn’t go in deep enough and it’s just instinctive- I reached up and pushed it in.  For a second I was thinking, “I should not have done that.  But it’s not hur………YIKES!!!”    It hurt.  But years of working with lye to make soap taught me the value of pure lavender oil.  Didn’t even blister!

These were supposed to go to some college kids I know and love….but DH loves them too….

And then there were these……Yesterday it seemed like everything I touched flopped.  But there is so much potential here that I will try again.  I was just having an off day, but bakergirl would not lead us astray.

2 comments:

Beth Akins said...

Yummy, yummy! Thanks!

donna said...

I'd make the Saltines, but then I'd eat them all and that wouldn't be good.

Who doesn't like Wendy's Chili? Such an easy way to make it. Count me in when it comes adding spaghetti to chili...lots of it.

I don't see the salmon recipe. That's okay...it's probably too healthy for me. lol

donna