Monday, April 18, 2011

I love a parade!

004_au 

One of my favorite days of the year is coming soon- it involves a parade to celebrate Derby week here in the Derby city.  My friend Miss Cheryl and I go up hours and hours in advance and stake out the same place we’ve been sitting for years and we sit there, holding our good place for all of our friends to join us later. 

Couldn’t help but think of that parade this morning as I was getting ready for church.  The excitement, the jockeying for a good spot, the gathering of friends and kindred spirits.

007_au

And such was another parade on another day.  The path lined in palms and garments prepared for the triumphant and joyful entry into the city of Jesus. 

008_au

Over the next few days, tables would be turned over and whips would crack and cocks would crow. But for today, a parade.

009_au

I place my stone upon the Lenten road. 

1 comment:

donna said...

My mother brought blessed palms to my dad last Sunday. He was pleased.

Derby parade.....that means some great photos from you. Wishing you sunshine. And the Grand Marshals this year are four Congressional Medal of Honor recipients. I read that somewhere.

donna